Job Title: Mainframe Developer
The role requires an experienced developer to deliver independently projects impacting debit cards and regular payments applications.
What will you be doing?
• Deliver projects within agreed timescales and budgets
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment
• Liaise with technical delivery managers, keeping them updated on release... progress against milestones, risks, issues and finances
• Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
• Identify own development needs and proactively drive development of own capability, using all available means, to achieve world class standards
• Support/Lead evaluation and review of emerging delivery methods, tools and standards. Apply new ways of working as appropriate
• Collaborate with the application support / service teams to ensure smooth transition of applications into their BAU environments
• Ensure that all governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies are adhered to
What we’re looking for:
• Graduate with Technical background.
• Mainframe Application Development/Testing Experience of not less than 3 years.
• Minimum of 2 years HOGAN experience is a must requirement. Experience on CAMS II platform will be preferable.
• Technical knowledge in mainframes (COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, IMS DB/DC) is desirable.
• Functional knowledge in Payment & Cards industry will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Visio.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with usRead more