Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronic products like the Kindle. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer user benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we... have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home. As a strong customer advocate, you will help own media technologies and quality end to end (E2E). You will work with internal and external partners to deliver the best in class devices, and will research new technologies, develop new tools and help define processes to build the media stack of next generation devices.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Responsibilities include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems. The creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the audio/video components within FireOS. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverable.
In This Role, You Will
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
· Be responsible for design and development for multimedia initiatives and feature development
Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
· 5+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 2+ years of experience in C, C++
· 2+ Years of experience with Multimedia Frameworks and Technologies – mainly on Camera, Video or Display/Graphics domains and worked on GStreamer and/or Android Multimedia frameworkRead more