Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Mid Level PHP Developer in our national Commerce Practice This resource will be developing on several leading PHP platforms for our predominantly B2B client base, along with other opportunities to work on various eCommerce initiatives within our practice.
T he candidates’ primary responsibility will be to develop and successfully implement Akeneo and Magento solutions over multiple projects. This includes defining and developing functional requirements, technical design, developement, deployment, testing & training. This person should be comfortable working in a challenging and fast-paced environment while working independently as well as part of a team.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Business Unit Overview
We... are a leading-edge digital consultancy where team members build their careers solving complex and interesting business problems for great brands and clients. Clients love us because we fuse strategy, creative and technology into data-driven solutions – and we bring the full weight of a tech-savvy consulting firm to support our best-of-breed digital consultancy.
Our national Commerce Practice team is comprised of passionate and capable strategists, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, and infrastructure specialists who specialize in the designing and implementing of industry leading eCommerce platforms. We deliver on the promise of a unified commerce experience, through strategic discussion aligned to business needs. We use an agnostic approach with a deep portfolio of options to address all levels of digital maturity. We are experts on the leading Commerce and Order Management platforms including HCL Commerce, Magento, Epi-Insite, Znode, InRiver PIM, and IBM Sterling OMS.
• Developing and unit testing of code components per the user story
• Estimating project development efforts and unit testing efforts
• Participate in the creation of the WBS and backlog per sprint and assist PM in project planning
• Contribute to the resolution of all requirements/feedback/scoping/design issues or questions directly with the clients
• Engage in the process of developing technical documentation efforts and creation of user stories utilizing JIRA
• Participate in code audits and reviews as required
• Ensure implementation, deployment, and backup is done following Perficient standards
• Able to understand unique business and technical requirements of the engagement and facilitate communications on the most appropriate solution design
• Collaborate on the design and development of the appropriate solution with project lead and Architect
• Demonstrate respect for and responsiveness to our clients and colleagues
• Independently manage assigned tasks
• Understand Cloud framework, dev and deployment strategy (as most platforms are now cloud hosted)
• Attend stand-up meetings and report technical blockers to the project lead
• Attend sprint planning and retrospective meetings
• Passionate coder with at least 2-3 years of PHP7 and Symfony3 software application development experience
• Experience with other client side technologies (BEM, JQuery, Backbone JS, ReactJS) are a plus
• Experience with server side technologies (Memcached, Doctrine 2 as ORM, MySQL,Elastic Search) are a plus
• Experience with Akeno PIM not required but preferred
• Full life-cycle development experience – Agile/Scrum project approach
• Knowledge of version control systems, web development experience
• Experience with estimating and project planning preferred
• Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exhibits personal responsibility
• Ability to work collaboratively with other development team members as well as customers
• Experience working in a multi-client setting highly preferred
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
• Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
• Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa statusRead more