Our client, a leading B2B telecom company, has an immediate opening for a PHP Web Developer - Remote.
Are you an old school web developer? Do you want to work from home and be part of a team that values things like stability, ownership and logic? If you answered yes to those questions, this may be the job for you!
Our client is looking for a Web Developer with old-school PHP experience. You will initially work alongside their Senior Web Developer and learn the existing codebase. As you become confident within that codebase you will be assigned bugs, feature requests, and other projects surrounding our various web applications. This position has the potential to become a Senior Developer position in a short period of time. The PHP Web Developer - Remote will be an expert in authoring, maintaining, and modifying code attributed to various web technologies. In carrying out their duties, this individual will be be responsible for testing and securing new and existing... web facing services, creating deployment tooling, and documenting everything.
Additionally, the PHP Web Developer - Remote will serve as a Tier III escalation point for our Client's internal and customer issues related to the systems you administer, and other duties as assigned.
The PHP Web Developer - Remote reports directly to the Manager of Development.
• Maintain existing internal and public facing web services.
• Investigate, test, and implement best practices surrounding architecture, usability, performance, and security of web applications.
• Identify and fix CSS, HTML, Scripting, and SQL compatibility issues for internal and external users utilizing our web applications.
• Break down large systems into their components and document comprehensively.
• Stay abreast of current programming practices and web technologies.
• Collaborate with the Client's various internal teams on desired enhancement to web applications.
• Work as part of a team with diverse backgrounds and experience levels to achieve the above.
• Think critically about what is asked of you and raise concerns that you have.
• Has to be able to break down large systems into their components and document comprehensively.
• Highly adaptable to changing priorities.
• A strong background in PHP Web development.
• Excellence in written communication.
• Commitment to completing tasks assigned and creating accurate documentation.
• Be highly adaptable to changing priorities.
• Ability to follow established procedures and constructively question them when necessary.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to work well with a fully remote team. SQL experience.
• Linux CLI experience.
• Evidence of self-education that is recent and has been consistently maintained over a period of at least 2 years.
• Role reports to our Client's Manager of Development as part of the Development Team and will typically receive tasks from them or the Director of Engineering.
• Typical schedule falls between 8 AM and 8 PM Monday through Friday, but varies with business needs. Works on-call and after-hours during periods of outages, planned maintenance, and participating in rotation for coverage.
• Most work is with a team but there are opportunities for independent work.
• Travel is not typically required but visits to the Client's corporate headquarters may be required periodically and an occasional customer visit is not unheard of.
• Our Client's organization is fast-paced and the technical environment may change frequently.
Immediate telephone interviews for qualified candidates within the next 24-48 hoursRead more