To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Principal Engineer/Architect , Infrastructure Security ( Software Security Analysis Platform )
Technology - Infrastructure Engineering
Salesforce is world’s #1 CRM business and Trust is our #1 value. We commit to Trust by upholding the highest... engineering and security standards for the code running the Salesforce platform, including security analysis of code and packages.
The Security Engineering team is looking for a hands-on Principal Engineer/Architect to lead a set of highly scalable and available cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS) for performing automated code and package security analysis. This platform integrates with state-of-the-art technologies for static/dynamic application analysis (SAST/DAST), as well as open source software scanners. You will lead a critical piece of our release pipelines while also helping engineers identify security flaws in their code natively build AWS host services. Your systems support both internal as well as external software packages that run in the Salesforce ecosystem, providing significant outreach and business impact.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious and technically strong engineers who want to make an impact in both distributed systems development and application security vulnerabilities, while operating on a large scale cloud platform.
The position requires excellent technical skills and outstanding analytical and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional role that requires alignment building and communication within a large engineering ecosystem.
• Drive (ideate, document, socialize, build the actional plan and oversee the execution of) strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME's and the broader Salesforce organization. (You have experience having already done this)
• Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy. Provides input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
• Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
• Drive design and implementation of innovative distributed software platforms for continuous assessment of security posture of the code and third-party packages used by Salesforce engineers
• Lead development teams in a full-service ownership model following Agile methodologies
• Manage devops activities for owned services in a 24/7 runtime environment, including driving investigations to determine root cause and implement solutions.
• Collaborate with other engineering teams to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.
• Hire, train and assess the performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures.
• Assist in the growth of employees through coaching, training and career development activities.
• Interact with industry experts, vendors, partners, internal staff and auditors
• Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
• Occasional travel is required (domestic and international)
• Work in a consultative fashion to improve communication, collaboration and alignment amongst teams inside and outside of the organization
• Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
• Industry experience. 15+ years of experience in software development, including:
• 5+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS or IaaS software development
• 5+ years experience in a high-availability 24/7 environment (cloud platforms are a plus)
• Education. M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering or B.A/B.Sc. in same disciplines with equivalent years of experience
• Platform development. Proven track of designing, coding and delivering large-scale PaaS or IaaS systems, especially on public cloud substrates (AWS/GCP)
• Programming. Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming to develop hands-on and support( code-reviews and guiding) engineers in more than one of the following languages: Golang, Java, C++, Python
• Security. Strong knowledge in security fundamentals: authentication/authorization frameworks (e.g., SSO, SAML, Oauth), secure transport (e.g., SSL, TLS), identity management (e.g., certificates, PKI), vulnerability management
• Hands-on experience using or managing SAST/DAST tools (e.g, CheckMarx, Veracode, HP Fortify, Coverity, IBM AppScan, Parasoft, Klocwork, CodeSonar, Burp)
• Experience scanning open source software (OSS) and understanding flaw reports using component integration tools (e.g., Sonatype's Nexus, Veracode, Black Duck)
• Hands-on experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
• DevOps mindset and strong ownership over owned code (test, monitor, deploy, maintain)
• Team. Ability to lead, motivate and grow teams of developers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment
• Agile. Prior experience managing teams using agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• Communication. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proven ability to run meetings and make presentations to senior leaders and teams alike.
• Distributed systems. Expertise in designing, implementing and operated distributed systems architectures and concepts, including several of the following:
• High-performance, high-availability (99.999%) and self-recoverable systems
• Control, orchestration and automation platforms leveraging containers or VMs
• Storage solutions, in particular MySQL (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Zookeeper)
• Consensus and consistency frameworks (e.g., Paxos, Raft, eventual consistency)
• Data-processing systems (e.g., Lambda architecture, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ELK)
• RPC frameworks (e.g., Protobuf/gRPC, Thrift, Bond)
• Proven track of building large-scale PaaS or IaaS systems, especially for public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Operating systems. Development and software management on Linux systems (e.g., CentOS, RHEL)
• Software design. Demonstrated expertise in applying systems patterns (e.g., Client-server, N-tier, Master/Slave, MVC) and API constructions (e.g., Swagger, OpenAPI)
• Full-software ownership from idea to running in production: design, code, writing unit tests, performing integration tests, deploying to production, supporting the system in the production environments
• Experience using or operating continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment automation (e.g., Jenkins, CloudBees, Bamboo, TeamCity)
• Familiarity with source code management and version control systems (git, perforce)
• Experience with code signing and build management tools (make, SCons, ant, maven).
• Familiarity with Salesforce platform can be a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes allRead more