The Red Hat IT team is looking for a Portfolio and Demand Analyst to join us. In this role, you will apply best practices to support the portfolio and demand management strategy. You ll manage continuous improvement across the Digital Solutions Delivery (DSD) team by ensuring that appropriate tracking is taking place to measure the health and performance of the overall portfolio. As a Portfolio and Demand Analyst, you ll identify, prioritize, and coordinate requests with all initiatives within the DSD portfolio. You ll play a key role in ensuring that the development teams understand the business requirements and deliver solutions that align with stakeholder needs. You ll lead collaboration with stakeholders and developers to develop a clear and concise agile delivery plan. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication, planning, and delivery skills and you ll be reporting to the Manager of Portfolio and Demand Management. Successful applicants must reside in... a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
• Apply best practices to support the Portfolio and Demand management strategy
• Facilitate request intake and discovery processes for demand management
• Be responsible for coordinating all reports and documentation that support the collection of and review of intake requests
• Be responsible for ensuring that all questions are answered during the intake process
• Lead and motivate a virtual team of subject matter experts to decide on the best course of action to determine level of effort for identified work
• Define work scope, deliverables, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with a virtual team of subject matter experts
• Facilitate discovery sessions to build a shared understanding across teams, using collaborative, design thinking approaches and using the outputs to guide future-state plans
• Develop clear and concise agile delivery plans
• Facilitate cross-functional team ceremonies to help stay aligned
• Proactively manage expectations and communicate risks with all initiated work to all involved parties
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, or at other intervals as specified reviews with DSD leadership, to validate and assess the portfolio
• Build out integrated dashboards that effectively communicate accomplishments, progress, issues, and risks by compiling data from multiple sources e.g., JIRA, Smartsheet
• Provide consistent and timely portfolio data to provide reporting to enable data driven decisions for portfolio planning
• Resolve and mitigate portfolio reporting issues
• Create and maintain required portfolio documentation and artifacts
• Guide continuous improvement on processes, ceremonies, and tooling in an effort to mature the service
• Experience in agile management practices
• Knowledge and experience with management software focused on agile projects
• Experience defining and maintaining business and technical strategies and roadmaps
• Superior written and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to focus discussions and agree on decisions
• Demonstrated ability to apply past experience to see the overall picture and understand where and how a change may create risk for another area of the business
• Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams
• Ability to understand and communicate technical requirements
• Experience with complete software development life cycle
• Ability to identify, collect, and analyze information from multiple sources
• Create clear and concise documentation skills
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multitask
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience and ability to work in remote environments
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
• Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
• Retirement 401(k) with employer match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
• Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
• Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Interested in this job
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed