Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of... advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle: Principal Member of Technical Staff, Oracle Cloud (Bengalure/Hyderabad India)
Are you someone who is passionate about deploying software with highest quality that pushes the boundaries of technology? Do you want to be a part of an elite cloud service team that will have a significant impact on cloud computing at Oracle? As a Principal Member of Technical Staff with the High Availability Systems Quality Assurance / DevOps team, you will contribute towards assuring highest quality for our technology platform. You will have the opportunity to shape the quality of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solutions aimed at providing comprehensive recovery from any kind of server, software, storage, and data center outages. Our solutions address all known technical limitations of software architectures. The requirements are driven by Oracle Cloud Infrastructure which is one of the most innovative and fastest growing business segments at Oracle.
Oracle Site Guard Cloud Service Quality Assurance/DevOps Engineering (QA/DevOps team) is focused on maximizing service quality, reliability and availability for our Disaster Recovery management service offerings across global Oracle data centers. This team has a unique opportunity to create software architectures that fundamentally changes the way businesses innovate, work and adopt technology. Unlike traditional clouds that offer bare-bones virtual Linux machines, the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure offers the entire Oracle Product stack: applications, middleware, database, servers, and storage - across multiple data centers worldwide. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure hosts business-critical applications that must withstand all outages and still scale to service customers worldwide. Oracle leverages hardware and software to remove the limitations of technology and creates fully integrated, agile, intelligent business applications across social, mobile, cloud and big data technologies. Oracle MAA, Maximum Availability Architecture Group is leading these key initiatives at Oracle.
This role provides a mixture of Quality engineering and production platform ownership with dedicated time to build required automation. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations. You will also work directly with high level developers on projects and work to blur the lines between traditional system operations and QA support. You will not only own the end-to-end quality of the product but would also leverage your expertise to help DevOps team in troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, and issues related to reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance. Quality assurance team, being the first users, play a critical role in the success of the product/feature, more so for a technology platform like ours, which must be available 7x24, will be used in many different ways and expectations around quality/deployments are really high.
In This Role, You Will
• Write functional, integration and regression test plans
• Automate tests using scripting languages to a great extent and execute which ever test cannot be automated manually
• Debug and report test failures, help identify root cause of failures whenever possible while performing highly complex analysis, which would generally include multiple distributed components
• Service Ownership - You will be part of the extended DevOps team, whose mission is full stack ownership of Site Guard Cloud Service
• Responsible for end-to-end quality and operability of Site Guard Cloud Service
• Help DevOps to troubleshoot critical service issues
• Serve as part of a 24x7 On Call rotation in support of the service infrastructure life cycle
• Have a professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of Oracle Cloud services and technologies
• Educate yourself and others on anything that helps service teams more quickly and easily build, test, deploy & run their services to be more reliable
• Utilize a deep understanding of service deployment in Oracle Cloud and the dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations
• Test Automation - You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles and will be eager to automate, wherever possible
• Understand end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
• Work closely with several cross functional Oracle Cloud operations team to quickly troubleshoot and resolve customer issues within the published SLAs
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong technical skills and experience in several of the following areas. Demonstration of clear expertise in some key areas is critical to succeed in this role
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, 8+ years of software QA experience
• Experience in testing features and services for highly complex, distributed transaction processing systems
• Hands on experience with Test Development Infrastructure such as TestNG, Junit, Selenium, API testing with Postman
• Infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet or similar
• Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, storage, network monitoring, OS image build
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines including VCS (git, svn, etc.)
• Should possess very good knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Python, Shell and possess strong experience of testing under Linux environments
• Experience in testing large scale distributed services / applications
• Experience in developing scripts to automate software deployments and installations
• Experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
• Excellent troubleshooting skills for critical application, database, storage, networking and system administration issues
• Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable systems
• Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Good understanding of Agile software development principles including using common tools such as JIRA
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Regular Employee Hire