QA Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a QA Test Automation Engineer to join a talented team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring quality software by setting up the test framework and processes, writing and executing test cases. You will be responsible for the maintenance and automation of tests.
This position will report to the Software Engineering Director and work with a team of project managers, architects, software development engineers, user... experience and interface designers, quality assurance engineers and customer stakeholders to deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable software solutions.
Tech9 is a fast growing custom software development company. We are building a team and process for delivering software done the right way. Our team members love working together to make our customers happy.
• *Note: Our Team Members can work from home. You will not be required to come to the office.
• Work with front-end and back-end developers to deliver UI and API-level tests concurrent to feature implementation (in the same sprint as the feature work).
• Perform automation testing, and some manual or exploratory testing, as required for the project.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Write and implement test cases within the test framework.
• Participate in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies, including discussing and writing stories and tests to prepare for upcoming sprints.
• Help prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies within the test area.
• Drive the team towards continuous deployment.
• 5+ years QA experience, with 4+ years test automation experience.
• Hands-on with setting up automated testing “from scratch” using Selenium, Cypress, or similar
• Knowledge of Relational Databases, including SQL.
• Knowledge of agile development practices using Scrum.
• Openness to learning other technologies including front-end and back-end frameworks.
• Able to assess a feature or function definition and determine if its testing can and should be automated.
• Experience with API tools such as Postman.
• Passionate about automated testing, and willing to mentor others.
• Experience with a scripting language or toolset.
• Experience working with remote teams in different timezones.
• MongoDb or other No-SQL data storage
• Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
• CI/CD tools and processes
• Project management software - Jira or similar
• Visual Studio Code
• Familiarity with React.js and .NET Core
• Full life and health for you and your immediate family
• Generous PTO (always exceeds the market)
• Learning and development stipendShow full descriptionCollapse