Red Hat Technical Architect
Location: London, Manchester
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience )
Career Level: Consultant, Assistant Manager, Manager
Accenture is helping companies embrace cloud to accelerate innovation, intelligence and business value around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements combined with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance your career and is why we’re the leading partner of every cloud services provider. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work with the leader in worldwide Cloud professional services part of your extraordinary career
About the role:
This role is part of the Red Hat business group that focuses on bringing the best of Red Hat’s hybrid and multi-cloud capabilities, combined with the Accenture world-leading business and change leadership together to help customers in their cloud adoption and... transformation.
In this role, we will work with the rest of Accenture and our customers to introduce and deliver the Red Hat modern cloud-native development technologies. In your role, you will run brownbag sessions to raise the awareness on cloud-native container-based technologies, participate in ideation and solutioning workshops to propose solutions to tough customer challenges, participate in building MVPs to prove the business hypothesis and finally work on application migration roadmaps and solution architecture during the delivery phase.
You will serve as a technical architect, cocreating innovative software solutions using emerging technology and modern software design methods in an agile environment, as well as strategizing and helping customers to containerise and modernise their application portfolios and move from monolith architecture to microservices architecture. You’ll be responsible for coaching the team and facilitating the design and technical delivery of our solutions. As you do so, you’ll create infectious enthusiasm for building great software using principles of modern s/w engineering and agile culture. You'll support everything from the scoping of an engagement to delivering the engagements. This role suits a senior, hands-on architect with passion for software engineering and development, coaching teams, design, communication, and delivering complex solutions.
Primary job responsibilities
• Lead the discovery, architecture, design, and implementation of application prototypes and application modernisation using containerisation and delivery of solutions using modern application development practices and emerging technologies
• Support pre- and post-sales field teams during workshops, proofs of concepts, pilots and production deployments
• Create measurable hypotheses tied to business value, and design a solution that tests those hypotheses over the course of an engagement, to help our customers quickly realize their business goals
• Present vision, strategy, technology, and roadmaps to executives, technical management, engineers, and operators
• Become a trusted advisor to our customers, helping them achieve business success in an ever-changing technology landscape
• Team with Red Hat and the rest of Accenture to engineer software solutions, cloud migration and applications modernisation, plan and deliver container adoptions at scale designed to further accelerate our customers’ success
• Remain an active coder and maintain deep direct technical knowledge of container management systems, application infrastructure, architectures, and development solutions
• Use your critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
• Assist in the development of standard reusable consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables, and standard estimates
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container tools
• Experience with microservices, API management, and web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering and application delivery, container-based continuous delivery (CD) and automation tools, service mesh, , using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, cloud automation, Red Hat Ansible Automation, and Everything as Code
• Proven experience in architecting, designing, and developing complex customer solutions and facilitating sessions required for solution ideation and alignment in a rapidly evolving technology domain
• Ability to uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve these challenges in a fast-paced environment with your applied knowledge of working with agile, scrum, and DevOps
• Significant development and delivery experience with multiple programming languages, including Java, Quarkus with clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Applied knowledge of modern software delivery methods like TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI) and CD and working knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns applicable to modern software development
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to study on your own, learn quickly, and put new knowledge into practice
Set yourself apart:
• 3+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing or implementing container platforms (OpenShift preferred);
• Cloud certification at associate level (preferred);
• Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, and CICD tool-chains;
• Preferably knowledge and experience with IBM Cloud Paks and Red Hat middleware stack.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services, we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy StatementRead more