Join our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership... since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
We are looking for smart people to help us imagine, design, and build great software solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform to help our customers succeed. As a Software Engineer at First American you will be tasked with solving challenging problems in a fast paced, results driven setting. We value employees who perform with minimal supervision and who are team players. You will be responsible for the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance on the Salesforce platform, along with various software applications interfacing with Salesforce. You will collaborate with other teams and team members to ensure effective communication and to support the completion of projects and objectives. While we constantly strive for great results, we also value work-life balance. We are industry leaders and we recognize this is a reflection of our employees. First American is proud to be a Forbes Top 100 'Best Company to Work For' for the past 7 years and running.
What you will do
• As a Salesforce Developer, you'll be designing and engineering new solutions on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Apex Controllers, Visualforce, Platform Events, and Lightning Web Components.
• Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that showcase the Salesforce platform and products
• Provide hands-on development assistance to product team for technical issues
• Execute test plans and ensuring quality through design best practices
• Provide guidance during business requirement evaluation on best solution with either declarative (point-and-click configuration) or code and customization
• Deep understanding of modern software development lifecycle standard methodologies including iterative and incremental development, delivering software frequency with attention to technical excellence, reliability and scability.
• Continue learning and development on new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product release and acquisitions.
• Apply your expertise of advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing.
• Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure high code quality and design patterns are followed including vulnerability remediation where appropriate.
Qualifications, Required & Preferred Skills
• 3+ years of Salesforce platform experience
• Active Salesforce Certifications: Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Platform Developer I, and Platform Developer II a plus.
• Hands-on use of Apex, Visualforce, Visual Workflow, and/or Lightning Web Components to build outstanding customer solutions.
• Experience with design and development of integration solutions to process high volume data using Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
• Detailed understanding of Salesforce configuration capabilities and the ability to recommend standard methodologies and identiy area where custom development is required.
• Mulesoft or AWS Certifications a plus!
• Strong experience with object-oriented design and implementation, database design and software development life-cycle
• Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical partners and translate functional requirements into technical specifications including documentation.
• Experience integrating Salesforce with other business systems, using various integration platforms, patterns and tools
• Detailed understanding of integration design patterns and best practices, strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, creative, resourceful, confident, a desire to learn, team player
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careersRead more