SAP Basis Administrator
Bangalore | India
Are you a Bangalore based SAP Basis Administrator who wants to work (remotely for the moment and but be mainly office based in the future) to provide consulting services with Pythian to a global client base? Do you have full-cycle end-to-end Basis implementation experience? Knowledge of SAP Business Suite and SAP Hana? If you have a passion for data and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
•... Providing SAP Basis knowledge and experience supporting large scale end to end SAP implementations.
• Managing, monitoring, upgrading, and enhancing SAP systems environments.
• Configure/maintain transport system.
• SAP system administration, System copy, SAP performance tuning, TMS admin, Language support, Applying Patches, Backup and Restore, etc.
• Administering the SAP database with the Database Administrator including planning and performing database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations.
• Designing and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.)
What do we need from you?
• While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the SAP Basis Admin job you will likely have strong experience in similar roles. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
• SAP Basis Experience supporting large scale SAP implementations.
• Full-cycle end-to-end Basis implementation projects.
• SAP Business Suite experience.
• SAP Hana experience.
• Knowledge of emerging HANA ecosystem and associated architecture.
• Strong technical skills in SAP system administration, System copy, SAP performance tuning, TMS admin, Language support, Applying Patches, Backup and Restore, etc.
• Nice to Have Skills
• Experience in designing SAP technical solution architecture
• OS/DB migration, S/4 HANA migration
• SAP Unicode Conversion / EHP upgrades
• Monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting of SAP HANA systems
• Experience in managing users, Fiori apps roles, and SSO Fiori in SAP HANA systems
• Knowledge of Hardware capacity planning and high availability solutions, Clustering, Disaster Recovery solutions
What do you get in return?
• Competitive total rewards package including a bonus
• Flexible work environment: Work remotely from your home when you need to!
• Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
• Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
• Amazing time off: 3 weeks paid time off, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
• Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
• Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a SAP Basis Administrator; live in Bangalore, India; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
No recruitment agenciesRead more