Requisition ID: 50584
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the... communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking an SAP ABAP Developer for our Hatch Digital IT group.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
The main focus for this person will be FI and CO ABAP development, as well as related integrations to other systems.
The iPas TF Team in Hatch Digital configures, programs, and maintains the SAP enterprise applications used by Hatch’s Shared Services, Management, and client-facing Project Teams. These components include SAP ECC (modules include FI, CO, SD, PS, and CPM), Concur, SuccessFactors, C4C, Fiori LaunchPad, Business Warehouse, and Business Objects. These modules encompass a variety of technologies and development environments including ABAP, Web Dynpro for ABAP, Floorplan Manager, BRFplus, BOPF, Fox, Planning Sequences, Fiori, HCI (now SPI: SAP Cloud Platform Process Integration middleware), SAP Gateway OData Services, as well as various toolsets for BW and BO development.
A migration to S/4 is currently in the planning stage.
As a Developer within this group, you will be responsible for architecture, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation and remediation, for the existing applications and integrations, as well as for new developments and initiatives. You will collaborate with the Functional Analysts in understanding and fine-tuning requirements, as well as with the other technical team members. You will participate in peer-based mentoring and code reviews.
You are a team player, yet an independent thinker, comfortable with sharing and accepting ideas in an open manner. You are a hard worker, able to take on demanding and time-constrained tasks.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Design, develop and test SAP applications and extensions to / customizations of SAP transactions and Web Dynpro applications/components, primarily in the FI and CO modules.
• Design, develop and test integrations and reports.
• Review requirements and provide input on initial effort, impact and complexity. In some cases develop PoCs to illustrate and test out a possible technical solution.
• Complete unit testing of all development.
• In conjunction with the Functional Analysts, assist with application stabilization and defect resolution / remediation.
• Adhere to and contribute to Hatch standards applicable to the development environment.
• Support organizational change.
You bring to the role:
• B.Sc. degree in Information Technology or equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills and experience working in team environments
• Experience in designing and developing SAP applications:
• Minimum 6 years of SAP ABAP development experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with SAP-related integration technologies and tools such as BAPIs, SAP Gateway and ODATA/REST-based APIs
• Knowledge of SAP programming tools such as Transaction and Report creations, enhancements, SmartForms, Adobe Forms, User Exits, ALV Reports, Screen Painter BDC, Data Dictionary, ABAP Query, BAPI, ALE, IDOCS, and Floorplan Manager
• Experience with OSS Note application and validation
• Knowledge of SDLC processes and SAP development best practices
• A strong understanding of OO paradigm and experience in OO design
• The ability to self-learn new technologies
• Superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
• A basic understanding of Business / Accounting principles
• Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel if required
• It is an asset if you have experience with: Business Explorer (BEX) Analysis/Query Designer / Analysis for Microsoft Excel
Why join us?
• Work with great people to make a difference
• Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
• Top employer
What we offer you?
• Flexible work environment
• Long term career development
• Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislationShow full descriptionCollapse