Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
What will your typical day look like?
This role will support our Financial Engineering & Modelling team with analytics, dashboard development and visualization:
• Analyze and visualize complex data sources
• Design and... develop visual analysis tools, interactive dashboards and reports
About the team
The Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory team is composed of a wide range of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working with all manner of modeling types. We have the leading quantitative practice in the Canadian market and cover models including market risk, credit risk, fraud, AML, insurance, treasury and machine learning. Our team members have advanced degrees in mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, physics and actuarial science.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people
• Develop advanced professional and consultative skills needed to advance in your chosen career path
• Exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
• Exposure to the most advance modeling techniques used in the financial services industry
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, statistics, or mathematics
• Experience using Tableau for developing and designing dashboards and reports
• Passion for data visualization, data engineering and software design
• Demonstrated proficiency conducting detailed data analysis
• Strong technical skills including Excel, VBA, SQL, and Python.
• Experience developing in C# under .NET framework, ReactJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS is an asset.
• Ability to work under tight timelines, independently and in cross-functional team settings
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Pays great attention to details
• Takes initiatives and ownership of projects
Please note: We anticipate recruiting for this role in January/February 2021.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
• You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
• You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
• You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globallyRead more