GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We are on a growth journey, and to deliver value to our global set of customers and the worldwide community, our operational efficiency and maturity is of paramount importance. The Customer Success (CS) organization is looking for an action-oriented Program Manager with a history of getting things done in complex environments. As Senior Business Program Manager, you will... support large-scale, strategic transformations/programs in support of GitHub’s vision to build the home for all developers. This role focuses on leading Change Programs within the Customer Success Organization which includes our front line support hubbers as well as our Professional and Partner Services teams.
In addition to exceptional Program Management prowess, successful candidates for this role must exhibit strong analytical skills and attention to detail, Hands on Process Development experience, BRD (business requirements document) building, and master the development of business cases along with ROI articulation, Change Management experience, able to quickly build relationships with cross-company partners and be responsive in a rapidly growing environment.
We are looking for individuals with Program management experience in Customer Support, Professional and Partner Services who understand what it takes to make these areas successful for our customers and can drive the changes based on their knowledge and experience.
You will work closely with multiple teams across the organization as we continue to grow and scale, will serve as a subject matter expert, and will be responsible for helping to build a practice for leading and managing large projects, as well as identifying and leading cross-company organizational health efforts to drive continual improvement in how the business operates.
The role will require an experienced Program Manager with experience in successfully defining, launching and executing key cross-organization programs on behalf of CS..
• Lead strategic transformations anchored in the CS organization, as well as cross-company initiatives
• In support of Large initiatives within CS and, in some cases, GitHub:
• Define planning cadences and clearly communicate schedule and expectations across affected departments and company leadership.
• Develop training materials and implement best practices company-wide.
• Ensure project management processes are tightly aligned with key company objectives.
• Prepare Business Requirements Documents for new tools or tooling gaps for projects.
• Evaluate, prioritize and create ROI for new and/or upgraded tools needed.
• Identify opportunities to improve organizational health, build business cases around key initiatives and successfully execute approved programs.
• Bring strategic thought leadership to help shape and guide Programs and draw upon experiences within the Customer Support, Partner and Professional Services areas.
• 7-10 Years experience in Program Management
• 7-10 years experience within Customer Organizations and specifically those offering/providing support to customers via Professional Services & Partners.
• Demonstrated successful execution of high visibility, cross-company initiatives.
• Proficient in tools evaluation and BRD creation.
• Knowledge of ROI development.
• Experience leading process improvement initiatives.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Experience using GitHub is strongly preferred
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent PartnerRead more