Opower Sr. DBA / Cloud DBA / Architect
Work with Opower Platform Application and Database team on the shared full stack cloud operations team. The Sr DBA / Cloud DBA / Architect will focus on maintaining and improving the Opower Databases – migrating from standalone systems to Oracle Cloud DBaaS over time.. The cloud architect will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production cloud database services.
Responsible for the... design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with product development, and R&D in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide development teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Opower Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles.
Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical customer issues. Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the effect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance.
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
Work Closely with Customer and/or Partners to bring Production workload on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
• 10+ years of relevant experience in Oracle Database Administration and Data Management Platform
• 5+ years of relevant experience with MySQL, supporting, operating, and maintaining it in a production environment.
• Database Architect with extensive experience in Oracle RDBMS
• Oracle Database Migration using multiple tools & technologies
• Oracle GI (CW and ASM) and RAC
• Oracle Exadata
• Experience in Database Maximum Availability Architecture and it’s best practices
• Experience in Performance tuning of Oracle Database and SQL tuning
• Experience in Data Integration tools like Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) & GoldenGate
• Expertise and Experience in solution architecture of complex Data Management systems, including re-platform of such systems
• Experience in managing large Database Consolidation projects, including planning, architecture and execution
• Experience in Building and managing Linux OS systems with good understanding how the Linux kernel works (IO, Network, etc.)
• Experience of managing Cloud Databases in any public cloud platform (Oracle, AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Systematic problem-solving approach combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
• Working experience in IaaS stack of any major Public Cloud provider – Oracle, AWS, Azure, etc.
Additional skills preferred
• Scripting/coding skills (Shell, Perl and Python). Knowing Java, REST Architecture and JSON is a plus
• Chef experience a plus
• Secrets Management experience (Vault) a plus
• Preferred Educational Qualifications
• BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent or related technical fieldRead more