S&P Global Platts
The Role: Senior Database Engineer
The Location: Hyderabad/Gurgaon
The Team: Information Services is a diverse, globally-distributed team of data engineering and management specialists committed to delivery. S&P Global Platts is the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to... markets. Traders, analysts, risk managers, purchasing agents and other professionals at more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations in over 150 countries benefit from S&P Global Platts’ services
The Impact: This is a hybrid role in-that it supports both “grow-the-business” [Project] as well as “run-the-business” [lights-on] initiatives.
What’s in it for you:
When you work at Platts, the world’s leading energy information provider, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation. With more than 900 employees in more than 15 offices spanning five continents, Platts has a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. As a subsidiary of S&P Global, Platts offers employees a competitive compensation program, a comprehensive benefits package, and a broad spectrum of professional development opportunities. As an employee of Platts and S&P Global, you are part of an organization with a long-standing legacy of journalistic independence and integrity, and a steadfast commitment to providing the markets with the highest quality, most timely and reliable information.
Build, design and maintain non-production databases [primarily Oracle and MS SQL Server] in Amazon Cloud [AWS] for Platts application portfolio. The individual will contribute as part of the Information Services team and work closely with IT architects, tech leads, application developers, business analysts, operational teams and quality assurance specialists.
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of experience in the following areas:
• Management, support and configuration of Oracle [12c]
• query and database tuning for performance
• 1+ years of experience in AWS RDS
• 2+ years of experience in following areas:
• Manage, support and configuration of MS SQL Server [version 2012 / 2016 / 2017]
• Query and database system tuning for performance [execution plan optimization]
• Deep understanding of Oracle internals and features [Oracle or AWS certification a plus]
• Experience with relational modeling [normalization / de-normalization / reverse-engineering]
• Experience with supporting MS services: SSAS, SSRS, SSIS or Master Data Services [MDS]
• Experience with on-premise and cloud-deployment system patterns & practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills [English]
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Experience with source code management practices and systems
• Experience with Agile as well as Waterfall development methodologies
We are looking for a DEV-centric database administrator that works hard and smart, is driven to deliver on commitments & contributes effectively in collaborative endeavors.
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 265564
Posted On: 2021-10-12
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaRead more