To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group Job Details
Senior Director, Engagement Lead
The mission of the Salesforce Professional Services team is to accelerate our customer’s value realization of our platform and drive their success via digital transformation. Advising our customers through digital transformation entails guiding them through business... model change, culture (skills, mindset & behavior) change, and technology change to become world-class digital businesses.
Salesforce Professional Services seeks an experienced strategic leader to partner at the CxO level as a trusted advisor to help our customers achieve their most ambitious transformation goals. Throughout the customer lifecycle, the Engagement Lead harnesses the collective power of Salesforce to create a tangible map of success for our most strategically aligned customers. This leader shapes the Services pursuit strategy and ongoing executive relationship management, working with cross-functional internal & external teams.
The ideal candidate has experience leading customer experience, digitization, or sales/service/marketing transformation programs (preferably utilizing the Salesforce platform) as an internal leader or as an external consultant. Engagement Leads ideally have led multiple programs where they have not only helped paint the picture of the customer’s vision but have also driven execution to achieve the desired value and outcomes. The candidate is confident, experienced, and credible in the C-Suite, with an unwavering ability to influence action and results up, down, and across the organization.
• Sales Strategy & Approach
• Partner with Internal stakeholders including product, industry, and services Go-to-Market teams to engage, qualify and shape strategic deals that will transform customer value and growth
• Align key Customer, Partner, and Internal stakeholders to create tailored digital operating models and custom implementation roadmaps, and establish accountability to smooth and accelerate the transition from sales to delivery
• Shift delivery upstream to ground the sales pursuit with pragmatic recommendations and achievable execution plans and approaches
• Account Strategy & Transformation Realization
• Oversee complex programs that drive optimized customer experience and measurable business outcomes
• Accountable for end-to-end Services success across multiple accounts, working to anticipate and manage risks in partnership with delivery leaders to meet all contractual commitments
• Utilize industry and technology trends in partnership with Internal experts to contextualize our customer’s needs and identify ways to enhance business performance and expand the value of our relationship
• Executive Leadership & Relationship Management
• Elevate customer interactions with executives by sharing cultural insights, proven delivery frameworks, and actionable strategies to drive change
• Establish deep customer relationships that will allow us to accelerate delivery, further challenge the status quo, and influence new opportunities
• Lead and inspire the Salesforce Professional Services team members engaged in the service's pursuit and delivery
• Lead executive-level and working team communications with customers, and within Salesforce regarding expectations and outcomes
• 10+ years experience leading technology transformation programs at Fortune 500 companies
• 10+ years of management or internal consulting experience leading large strategic programs, including business development, management of client relationships, and delivery oversight
• 8+ years of experience leading, managing, coaching, and developing staff
• Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Sales, Service, Marketing, Commerce, Omni-channel, Customer Experience, Technology Delivery, and Operations
• Proven ability to articulate a clear strategic vision and deliver quick wins early in the customer transformation
• Significant experience managing C-suite customer relationships and executive objection handling
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to balance strategic thinking and ‘roll up sleeves’ to drive customer and team success
• Prior role as an executive with excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with a track record of decisive decision making
• Experience working on pursuit teams and participating in the proposal development process; demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
• Experience leading client, internal teams, and partners (e.g. system integrators) without positional authority in all three facets of digital transformation: technology change, business change, culture change
• High emotional intelligence, including empathy, curiosity, and desire to improve and constantly learn
• Strong technical acumen and experience working with technical teams, ideally on the Salesforce platform to influence strategic and value discussions (Salesforce certifications preferred, but not necessary)
• Travel is an integral part of this role and will be based on individual customer needs.
• Bachelor’s degree required; relevant technical or business (MBA) post-graduate degree preferred
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes allShow full descriptionCollapse