What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The Lead Software Developer is responsible for ensuring high-quality Commerce Cloud software development based on client requirements. You will be responsible for coordinating and delegating tasks as well as reviewing team code to ensure high quality of the solution provided. You will collaborate closely with the solution architect, customer, developers, QA Analysts and product owner to understand the requirements and conduct technical... reviews to ensure consistency. This is a technical role that requires strong product knowledge, good leadership skills and a holistic project solution overview.
The Lead Software Developer works as a team member of the project board along with the Project Manager, Solution Architect, Product Owner and Lead QA Analyst to deliver the complete solution for the customer.
The key responsibilities of this role are the following:
• Strong development skills in Java/Spring (backend) and Angular (frontend) to support the team
• Coordinating, splitting and delegating development tasks
• Reviewing code of both internal and external team members
• Technical reviews with developers to ensure common understanding
• Providing technical/functional expertise within the team
• Coaching and mentoring junior/external team members
• Technical overview of the solution
• Ensuring high levels of motivation of the team
• Strong focus on high-quality from the team throughout the development process
• Taking part in customer-facing activities to ensure common business understanding
• Assisting in the interview process for developers and team leaders
• Ensuring excellent communication and collaboration between all internal and external teams
• This role involves working in a distributed environment with our international customers and has occasional overseas travel. Monthly travel between %0-%5.
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following:
• Strong verbal and written English
• Computer Science degree or equivalent
• Strong customer facing skills
• 2+ years experience as Developer Lead on software development projects
• 5+ years experience developing Java/Spring applications
• Experience developing Angular applications
• Experience of using agile methods on projects, e.g. Scrum/XP
• Ability to take technical leadership responsibility
• Experience of Java 6 or higher and Java Enterprise technologies
• Experience of Spring 3 or above
• Experience of RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
• Experience and understanding of application performance tuning
• Experience and understanding of design patterns
• Experience with CI/CD
Any of the following would be an advantage but not required:
• Experience of web/mobile application development
• Experience of Spring MVC or any other Spring module, e.g. Integration, Batch, Security, etc.
• Experience with NoSQL
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience with Cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Experience of eCommerce projects
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Experience with infrastructure and deployment processes
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:302014 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations:
The key to SAP's success? Our people.
We grow. We lead. We innovate – together! We believe that the difference between success and failure is a great team. As colleagues, we support, challenge, and inspire one another every day. We're results-driven and ready to go the extra mile for our customers. We all work from different places dealing with different challenges and opportunities. But our goal is mutual. We build breakthroughs, together.
Driven by innovation? It's in our DNA.
At SAP, innovation is more than just developing top-notch software – it's creating technologies that open up new possibilities. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. We know this doesn't happen by accident, so we provide a working environment that promotes free thinking, bold ideas, and collaboration. Of course, having the resources and expertise of a major global organization helps too.
Got ambitious goals? Achieve them – at SAP.
Stay relevant, agile, successful. SAP's robust portfolio of learning and development offerings helps you unlock your potential, stay ahead of technology and accelerates your career. At SAP, we want to make sure our employees are happy, healthy, fulfilled, challenged – and working towards their individual career goals.
There's more to it than coding.
Learn, innovate, and get rewarded. Be your best in a flexible and collaborative environment. The boldness it took to start our company is exactly what we need to keep growing it. That's why we introduced the Hasso Plattner Founders' Award – the highest employee recognition at SAP. It's awarded annually by the CEO to an individual or team whose extraordinary achievement best delivers on SAP's vision and strategy.
Driven by innovation.
SAP has continuously evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end enterprise application software, database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. Our customers are solving the world's hardest problems. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. Our vision of the future of enterprise IT is simple – software must be hyper-personalized, modular in nature, and support outcome-based business models.
Not all heroes wear capes.
The key to SAP's success? Our people. They are innovators, leaders, and all around great human beings. They come from many different countries, speak many different languages – and bring their own unique experiences to the table.
• Previous Next
Senior Lead Software Developer - SAP Commerce
Posted Date: Nov 12, 2021
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Montréal, Quebec, CA, H3A 3L4
Send me alerts every days
Send me alerts every days
Job Segment: Developer, SAP, ERP, Consulting, Database, TechnologyShow full description