Posted: 16 Mar 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
We at the IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team are looking for a Senior Linux Devops Engineer to design, build tools and support large scale Linux systems. You will play a critical role... in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Apple. You will partner with engineering teams to ensure they're successful.
• Extensive Linux experience, especially with Oracle Linux, CentOS etc.
• Strong debugging skills a must. Familiarity with kernel debugging a plus.
• Good understanding of administration of Linux systems.
• Experience in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java
• Automate things rather than doing them twice.
• Automation and config management skills using Puppet, Ansible.
• Experience with large installment systems
• We look forward to your expertise in the DevOps space, but don't want to be limited to that space.
• Experience with revision control systems like GitHub, CI/CD unit testing, and configuration management systems.
• Experience in Docker, VM, Kubernetes is a plus.
• Understanding OS, Systems security / encryption
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
As Senior Linux Devops Engineer we are excited about your passion in supporting our rapid growth and expansion. As key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at IS&T together we will make a broad impact across the product and customer experiences. You will work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies supporting large scaler Linux systems.
- Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives
- Build, Automate and support mission critical large scale infrastructure systems.
- Help with our team’s initiative for promoting automation and self-service tools for service democratization and enforcing responsibilities with respective app teams.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field.
• - Prior experience as an SRE, software engineer, or system administrator
• - Experience in system automation technology, such as Puppet or Ansible
• - Information Security and Regulatory ComplianceRead more