About the team
GitHub Sponsors is changing the economics of open source software. We're on a mission to create a diverse and supportive ecosystem that empowers people to pursue sustainable careers in open source. Since launching our Beta in 2019, we've scaled to funnel millions of dollars from individual and corporate Sponsors to the open source communities they depend on - and we're just getting started. Sponsors is currently available in over 30 regions internationally with many more on the horizon.
About the role
You'll own, manage, and execute the processes that underlie the GitHub Sponsors program as we continue to grow our user base and expand internationally. This role requires excellent communication skills, a bias towards action, highly developed organizational skills and follow through, and an eye towards regular iterative improvement.
• Manage contractors supporting Sponsors operations and make recommendations for staffing changes based on the needs of our... processes.
• Communicate updates on Sponsors operations to stakeholders, with analysis on the efficiency and dependability of our workflows.
• Dive into the details of payment flows and their underlying processes to understand how money moves with GitHub Sponsors.
• Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability, sometimes through automation.
• Work closely with internal finance and accounting teams as well as payment processing vendors to streamline periodic processes like tax filings and invoices.
• Coordinate with internal legal and compliance teams to understand and implement requirements for processes, especially during international expansions of the Sponsors program.
• Work closely with the GitHub support team and Sponsors engineering team to ensure that Sponsors users receive responsive, high quality support around areas like payouts and account setup.
You may be a fit for this role if:
• You have significant experience defining, leading, and improving operational processes.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You possess a proven ability to coach and develop team members with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
• You enjoy resolving ambiguity into goals, deliverables, and timelines.
• You are comfortable working cross-functionally with a wide range of partner teams.
• You've scaled and operationalized a financial product or marketplace.
• You've worked on a financial process or marketplace that expanded internationally.
Bonus points for:
• Experience working remotely (with tools like Slack and Zoom)
• Familiarity with GitHub and its users (or have used GitHub yourself)
• An understanding of accounting principles.
• Experience or familiarity with online communities (such as open source)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world's most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together-as individuals and in teams-to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here:
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent PartnerRead more