About the role
You’ll own, manage, and execute the processes that underlie the GitHub Sponsors program as we continue to grow our user base and expand internationally. This role requires excellent communication skills, a bias towards action, highly developed organizational skills and follow through, and an eye towards regular iterative improvement.
• Manage contractors supporting Sponsors operations and make recommendations for staffing changes based on the needs of our processes.
• Communicate updates on Sponsors operations to stakeholders, with analysis on the efficiency and dependability of our workflows.
• Dive into the details of payment flows and their underlying processes to understand how money moves with GitHub Sponsors.
• Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability, sometimes through automation.
• Work closely with internal finance and accounting teams as well as payment processing vendors to streamline periodic... processes like tax filings and invoices.
• Coordinate with internal legal and compliance teams to understand and implement requirements for processes, especially during international expansions of the Sponsors program.
• Work closely with the GitHub support team and Sponsors engineering team to ensure that Sponsors users receive responsive, high quality support around areas like payouts and account setup.
You may be a fit for this role if:
• You have significant experience defining, leading, and improving operational processes.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You possess a proven ability to coach and develop team members with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
• You enjoy resolving ambiguity into goals, deliverables, and timelines.
• You are comfortable working cross-functionally with a wide range of partner teams.
• You’ve scaled and operationalized a financial product or marketplace.
• You’ve worked on a financial process or marketplace that expanded internationally.
Bonus points for:
• Experience working remotely (with tools like Slack and Zoom)
• Familiarity with GitHub and its users (or have used GitHub yourself)
• An understanding of accounting principles.
• Experience or familiarity with online communities (such as open sourceRead more