Senior Software Engineer : GitHub India
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for experienced, senior engineers to work on GitHub.
com and our Enterprise products you’ll work with our team of engineers to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for millions of developers across the world.
This role requires a generalist with an understanding of front and back end technologies as well as an appreciation for infrastructure concerns to work on a feature focussed team.
You’ll be working from GitHub India Hyderabad, with a team distributed across timezones so strong communication is important, as is the ability to self direct.
• You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
• You will design / architect solutions, and guide team decision... making
• You will document the systems you help build
• You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
• You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
• You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
• 8 + years experience developing web applications or large scale systems
• Experience with C#, Ruby and Go based back end systems, or other Object Oriented languages (e.g. Java) and a willingness to learn new technologies
• SQL and general database knowledge
• Experience with RESTful API design, WebServices and / or GraphQL
• Solid knowledge of testing principles
• A strong sense of product and an affinity for the human who is using it
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
• An appreciation for infrastructure, though expertise is not required. Experience with Docker is a big plus.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings : Microsoft Cloud Background Check : This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are :
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers : to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies.
We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Leadership Principles :
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join :
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives.
We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe.
Check out an updated list of where we can hire here : https : / / github.com / about / careers / remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind.
In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life.
We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent PartnerRead more