At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who... are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a key member of Layer-7 Security group, you will be responsible for designing and developing security features on the next-generation firewalls. You will work with product management on user requirement, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams throughout the entire software development cycle.
• Innovate, design, develop and improve the Next-Generation Firewall in terms of functionality and performance, working on TLS interception/decryption, TCP/HTTP proxy and performance improvement
• Own and be responsible for critical components in the Next-Generation Firewall system.
• Deliver features and improvements in critical components in high quality and performance.
• As an expert on networking and security, work closely with team members and cross-team to design and architect innovative solutions
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or equivalent practical experience, Graduate degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar technical discipline is preferred
• Proficient in C programming under Linux development environment
• Experience with large-scale and/or high-performance software design and architect, and familiar with multi-threaded programming and IPC mechanisms
• Verbal and written communication skills to work with multi-functional groups
• Teammate who brings a can-do attitude to a dynamic working environment and is comfortable learning new technologies and platforms
• Experience with network security product development, e.g. firewall, IPS, DPDK
• Experience with TLS termination/interception/decryption
• Experience with system performance tuning
• Experience with TCP/HTTP/ICAP proxy development
• Proficient in TCP/IP internals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristicsRead more