VMware’s Digital Platform User Experience Team is looking for a talented UX Designer to join our team and help us create the next generation of products for our organization. We have lofty plans, so we hope you are up for a challenge! You must be passionate, even obsessive about creating magical experiences for your Users. Our organization fully supports the creative process and embraces Design Thinking so you will truly be able to spread your wings and fly.
While VMware is a big company, our... division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. VMware is part of the prestigious list of 100 best companies to work for by Fortune.
• Conduct thoughtful, resource-efficient user research and usability testing to uncover problems or validate designs
• Understand customers and their needs through customer research and feedback, and market analysis.
• Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, and content strategies as means to identify goals that will drive the user experience
• Work with product teams to fully understand the product family, various end user audiences and their challenges to deliver new solutions and features
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with technical project managers and developers
• Participate in the product development process from definition through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
• Translate ideas into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
• Design clear, intuitive and delightful experiences for external and internal users
• Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
• Promote a culture of empathy for the end user
• Prepare and present concepts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Stay abreast of new and innovative trends in the field of user experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a UX/UI Design role
• Passion for user-centered research and design
• Portfolio of UX and design projects that showcases your thinking and process from project conception to completion (personas, journey maps, low to high fidelity prototypes)
• Knowledge about design principles and design process
• Skilled in user testing methodology
• Experience acquiring user data at different stages of the projects including the early stage
• Strong understanding of the end-to-end UX/UI lifecycle
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and think of solutions proactively
• Strong time management skills
• Excellent eye and visual taste, including a passion for simplicity and a clean, crisp aesthetic
• Experience with large-scale projects
• Strengths in interaction design
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local lawRead more