We are looking for someone that loves building custom WordPress themes at the bleeding edge of technology.
You should be on the forefront of WordPress news and development so you can bring new and best practices to our processes.
We are looking for an experienced full stack PHP developer that has a passion for clean, well organized, and maintainable code.
If you're not refactoring for greater readability, robustness, and maintainability on a regular basis, we're not interested.
You will be building high-end top quality WordPress sites from scratch using best practices.
You should be a master of the front end and very competent in PHP and backend debugging.
• Build from scratch top-quality WordPress sites with custom themes and plugins.
• Stay on top of best practices in the WordPress community and bring suggestions of tech and coding style to our development team
• Work with and delegate to our more developers
• Debugging and new feature requests... for existing sites
• Ensure top quality by overseeing QA and reviewing code
• 4+ Years developing custom WordPress sites (setting up templates doesn't count)
• Strong experience in PHP, specifically WordPress
• Developer experience working with Gutenberg Block Editor
• Comfortable with Git and good version control practices
• Some dev-ops experience (implementing automated deployments)
• Experience building robust frontend experiences using reusable components (Tailwind CSS and Bootstrap familiarity a plus)
• Modern theme development knowledge (Roots / Sage a plus)
• Experience turning ideas, wireframes and designs into well-executed code
• Knowledge of good UX practices and design fundamentals
Great casual working environment.
We're a very open, friendly and cooperative team.
You'll have a great time working with us day-to-day.
We're a small and nimble team but growing fast.
Stop feeling like a cog in a machine, you'll be working directly with everyone including the CTO and CEO.
• Remote work optional. We are headquartered in Montreal, Canada, but you can work from anywhere within +-2hrs of EST time.
• If you're joining us in the office, we're located in the young and vibrant neighbourhood of Saint Henri, with plenty of great restaurants and things to do.
• Competitive salary with potential for large bonuses
• Vacation and Holiday : 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company.
We also take off all 9+ Federal Holidays and often allow extra paid time for end of year holidays.
• Team Retreats : Team trips each year to meet and work in-person as soon as it is safe to do so.
• Discretionary Budget : We are happy to provide monthly stipends for things like training & development, home office expenses, and more.
• Group insuranceRead more