SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank... accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
• At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
• We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
• We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
• We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
• No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Senior z/OS Mainframe Security System Programmer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system’s professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Mainframe System Programmer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Perform proof of concepts to assist in determining that a design concept is feasible or meets regulatory requirements.
• Assist & support application developers in design, security controls and implementation of Web based technologies and server applications.
• Research, plan, coordinate, document and implement state of the art technologies, especially those available with or built on the IBM z/OS mainframe platform.
• Analyze requirements and recommend technology solutions.
• Evaluate software configuration and implementation to ensure compliance with Security standards, plans and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) families of controls
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Bachelor’s in science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent degree
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate technical software solutions to non-technical client
• 6+ years of IT experience in Mainframe solutions such as: IBM CICS, Websphere and MQ
• 6 + years of experience developing web applications and client/server applications including Mainframe
• Previous experience creating detailed plan and implementing technologies that support requirements for disaster recovery
• Previous full-life cycle project experience planning and successfully carrying out detailed steps and requirements to successfully implement OSs, software and hardware upgrades, migration or installations to IBM System z/OS mainframe platform
• Proven experience driving and providing technical assistance to programming and operations staffs in understanding and implementing new technologies
Experience deploying measures to protect communications to and from z/OS:
• * Implement system authorization facility (SAF) controls through z/OS resource managers
• Experience deploying measures to protect communications to and from z/OS
• Experience with Plan, install, customize, and implement Application Transparent security with z/OS Policy Agent, implement Transport Layer Security (TSL) with z/OS Policy Agent and implement Transport Layer Security (TSL) with z/OS Policy Agent
Experience with plan and configure:
• the PAGENT to integrate with RACF such as using RACF keyring for certificates
• z/OS Intrusion Detection Services (IDS) to detect and report on scan attacks
• e z/OS IDS to detect, report, and prevent all well-known attacks
• Port security under z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP security
• Stack security features under z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP
• IP filtering rules under PAGENT
• network access using SAF to control access to the entire networks or sub networks by individuals
Provide technical expertise in the design and implementation of Data Center’s external communications interfaces:
• Develop, maintain, and execute security plans that conform to DoD directives
• Plan and configure security for z/OS UNIX System Services daemons
• Plan and configure security for the z/OS UNIX System Services kernel
• Plan and configure permissions bits z/OS UNIX directories and files
• Plan and configure permissions bits z/OS UNIX directories and files
• Plan, implement and configure z/OS UNIX auditing capabilities
• Must live or relocate to the greater Lake Mary, FL area
• Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Active Secret Clearance
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21LKMCSRCAB064-USDC
• Read more