Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to the reliability strategy and implementation of complex problem solving within one of the largest... Philips flagship platform and application solutions. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in Big Data, IoT, and containerized microservice architecture. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will engage with various teams in a DevOps atmosphere across the organization to establish and advocate for Site Reliability Best Practices.
You are responsible for
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will address system instability through monitoring, fault tolerance, tooling, capacity management, automation of toil, and adoption of patterns/practices within the platform. The engineer will pursue relentless identification and implementation of a microservice-oriented architecture ranging from low-level code resiliency to infrastructure availability ensure high degrees of observability, availability, and reliability.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will participate within the core SRE team while also partnering with development teams to ensure our solutions are observable, fault tolerant, and adhering to monitoring best practices. You will advocate and act as a subject matter expert for Philip’s application and infrastructure within your product area using communication to manage a variety of global initiatives. In addition, you will help to reduce the toil involved in maintaining the operational ecosystem, replacing manual processes with tooling and automation, and bringing overall reliability to all internal/external functionality of an enterprise ecosystem.
• Leading the efforts to build robust monitoring solutions while expanding our current monitoring and alerting footprint
• Review designs with an eye toward increasing the holistic stability of our platform and identifying potential risks
• Leading emergency response efforts in conjunction with field engineering to establish root cause
• Conduct Blameless Postmortems and Anomaly Investigations after incidents to further analyze root cause and create permanent solutions to improve serviceability and prevent future outages
• Establish a Don’t Repeat Incidents (DRI) culture by learning from past issues and always looking to improve monitoring and dashboarding capabilities
• Ensuring applications are performing efficiently, collaborating with development teams and architecture to resolve application performance issues
• Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
• Championing automation efforts to reduce or eliminate repetitive, manual processes
• Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues
• Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision-making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals
• Direct, hands-on, technical contribution to highly complex software endeavors which range from design and coding to aiding with implementation
• Create interactive and informative visualizations using complex, distributed data sets
• Partner with project management to define Service Level Objectives (SLO) and identify and implement Service Level Indicators (SLI) to track compliance
• Championing capacity management and disaster recovery testing efforts
You are a part of
The Site Reliability Engineering team, a group of resiliency focused engineers who not only care about the holistic system and work to optimize performance but also ensure stability across our entire platform of services. This team extends our current DevOps competency and works in conjunction with the Engineering group to support and maintain our distributed cloud based Microservice application. The SRE team is an integral part of ensuring that our applications are resilient as well as performant to keep our customers satisfied.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 2+ years’ of professional experience in a technical role dealing with complex enterprise software landscapes (DevOps focused development)
• Software development experience delivering commercial SaaS solutions with Java and/or Python
• Experience with best-in-class application monitoring (APM) tooling (New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics)
• Experience with Python, Ansible, Terraform, Docker (or similar) is a plus
• Working experience with SQL and/or NoSQL storage
• Experience with RESTful service-oriented architectures with public APIs
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud software deployments
• Experience with Linux; Docker and additional operations experience is a plus
• Experience with third-party enterprise software integration & solutions
• Experience with performance tuning, instrumentation and architecture best patterns and practices
• Experience and knowledge of Agile methodologies
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset itRead more