Merkle Sokrati is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in... understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
At Merkle Sokrati you will learn how to build some of the most beautiful frontends with insane performance and User Experience. You would get to look at the entire User experience design process upclose, understand concepts like, Mobile First, Heuristic UX Tests, Experience Experimentation etc. Get your hands dirty with, powerful frontend frameworks like React, Vue, work on JAM Stack as well with Gatsby, Next.js. Use techniques like GraphQL, web components, web packs, CDN’s, and everything that makes a good testable, performant, web frontend. Monitor for performance, we take every millisecond saved seriously. Learn how high-scale software design is done and then deploy it to production.
Nothing at Merkle Sokrati is small. We start with an induction process which demands you to go through all phases of Agile development, right from Sprint Planning, to Requirement Walkthrough, Daily Scrums, Peer Code Reviews, Automated Tests, Sprint Demos, UAT with the client and finally Deployment to production. You are expected to be able to support your own development in Production as well, that’s real Devops for you. You will get to work firsthand, with our Multi-cluster deployments using cloud platforms like AWS/GCP. Yes we stress a lot on sense of ownership in everything we do.
To achieve any of this you need to understand the technology but more importantly you should be willing to learn at a very fast pace and be a Team player not a lone-wolf. Not many interns can say “been there, done that”, but post this program you will.
What Would Your Day Look Like Qualifications
• Implement solutions for broadly defined problems
• Be involved in full fledged product development.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and Build New Features, Push them to production fast.
• Be part of daily scrums, ideate and brainstorm solutions with Managers, Mentors and show off your convincing skills.
• Do peer code reviews, write automation tests, we have OCD when it comes to quality.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
• Discuss new ideas in weekly tech forum with your peers and mentors.
You'd fit right in if you have:
• Have a solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
• Are good at Problem solving
• Know and have good hands on at least 1 web app frameworks React/Vue/Angular does not matter as long as you have a strong opinion of which one is your favorite. Can ditch the framework with easy and write applications using vanilla JS/HTML/CSS.
• Have actively developed firsthand any web application/page with an API integration simple or complex does not matter to us, as long as its responsive, mobile first and has a fast page load time and is pixel perfect
• .We would love to look at your Github repo or links to the deployed web-app. Beautiful UI is what our eyes await, so bonus marks for having an eye for detail in anything that you have developed.
• Have the right attitude, are a team player and an avid learner.
Join Us If You Are Excited About
• Opportunities to learn bleeding edge technologies, from scratch, on real-life projects as an Intern.
• An environment that encourages contribution and values opinions.
• A place full of like-minded & smart folks
• A start-up culture that you'd cherish forever in your work life
• Flexible career paths.
• A chance to have a lot of fun while you work.
Not Convinced Yet, Did we mention
• We have an almost 100% full time conversion rate till date, even with a very high bar for conversion, We really have very cool, hard working mentors.
Feel like you are a good fit? We would love to hear from you
Looking for Immediate/Early Joiners only
At Merkle Sokrati, we don't insist on any paid certification as a part of the hiring processShow full descriptionCollapse