What does a great Senior Software Developer do?
As a member of the Card Services technology delivery team, you will be tasked with finding ways to use our software systems, primarily utilizing testing software, SQL queries, to solve real world problems and offer valuable solutions to our clients – both internal and external. In some cases, your role will be to master our current software systems and add new features (maintenance), identify new approaches we can take to improve our software... development practice (process improvement) or you may be working on designing and building entirely new applications for our platforms. As a key member of our Data Agile Delivery Team, we are looking for someone who is result-driven detail-oriented QA, configuration Engineer and Certified Agile Scrum Master experienced in full System development life cycle/Agile methodologies including Data Analysis. Also we are looking for a candidate who has experience in Analysis, design, developing automation test scripts in electronic payment, Credit processing domains. Excellent in documenting Testing processes and procedures. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to, Scrum Master, testing software development, provide knowledge and expertise towards creating agile stories, tasks and contributing to planning sessions
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years of software testing and quality work experience
• 5+ years’ experience writing SQL queries and working with relational databases and data warehouses.
• Prior agile/scrum delivery team experience, including Scrum Master
• High level of proficiency working with ETL tools like Informatica
• Proficient in creating Test plans, Test Cases and Test scripts
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented while demonstrating strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment
• Plans, and recommend new solutions as required.
• Develop a deep understanding of appropriate data & software components including conceptual data models, data flows, entity relationships, specifications, audit controls, exception and error handling, security, etc.
• Collaborate closely with the Product Owner and cross-functional delivery team to deliver high-quality solutions that produce the expected business value.
• Create and execute test plans/cases based on requirements and design specifications.
• Research and recommend new test tools and techniques.
• Partner with third parties as necessary to deliver end-to-end data analytics solutions.
• Create technical deliverable artifacts needed for implementation.
Preferred Skills for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity.
• Hands-on experience with reporting and data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Knowledge of industry-standard ETL tools (e.g. Informatica), their purpose, and best practices
• Experience with automation for testing, continuous integration, code coverage, and build processes
• Familiarity with database design, functional scripting or domain-specific programming languages
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with usRead more