Microsoft Azure’s core priority is to be world's most trusted, secure, and global cloud and a great place for people to work. Azure Networking is an important part of that. We are part of the Azure networking team responsible for designing, building and operating critical network services that will help us differentiate from our fierce competitors and generate new revenue. At the core of these services is a solid SDN infrastructure that we continuously innovate on to improve agility... reliability and cost effectiveness of our services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and talented engineer to help build and grow the platform as we take on more and more mission critical first party workloads. You will have the chance to learn, understand and leverage a wide variety of technologies ranging from nitty gritties of how datacenters work to building fault tolerant, highly scalable microservices.
You will lead the team building SDN stack that will empower first party customers like Exchange online, Bing to run their mission critical workloads on Azure.
This is a SWE manager role with lots of executive visibility, deep technical impact, product innovation and culture role model with opportunity for advancement. The role involves application of distributed system fundamentals, problem solving and growth mindset to create simple solutions to complex engineering problems. The job requires cross group collaborations, so you’ll need to love that kind of work and be proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships with other teams. You will play key role to mentor and grow junior members of the team.
You Will Also
• Bring clarity, create energy, and drive results - you’ll set a vision, rally the team behind it, and deliver for our customers.
• Demonstrate the Microsoft manager attributes ofmodel, coach and care with the engineers on your team, so they all learn, grow and succeed.
• Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
• Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
10+ years of experience in commercial software development.
• 2+years' minimum experience in a leadership position managing enterprise platform, product, or services teams
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed systems software.
• Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices. (Required)
• Experience withSoftware Defined Networkingis preferred but not a pre-requisite.
• Commitment to collaboration and teamwork and ability to deliver via influence
• Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
• Experience developing software hosted in Azure, AWS, or other similar Cloud platforms.
If you are passionate about leading a team which is defining Azure’s vision and excited about SDN, come join us!
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you workRead more