Software Technologist I - Android
In this role, you have the opportunity to
To be a part of the innovation that Philips is driving on Digital Transformation/ IoT /Connectivity Technologies.
PHDSI focuses on launching strong Consumer & Healthcare connected propositions that go beyond stand-alone connected products.
You are responsible for
• Hands-on experience in developing native Android applications.
• Understanding of Android design patterns, memory management... file I/O, concurrency, and multithreading.
• Knowledge of working with network & battery optimisations, APIs, external libs, sdks, Analytics, UI, visualizations & animations
• Preferred knowledge on Connectivity, Bluetooth protocols/ BLE.
• Working knowledge and hands on with Database management such as SQL and contemporary technologies at their backend
• Experience in Unit Testing and TDD practices. Usage of Junit/Mockito/Espresso kind of test frameworks
• Eclipse or any IDE usage
• Published one or more applications in an Android marketplace and knowledge on the process of making the app live.
• Experience of working on applications with react native is a plus.
• Able to create a UI and UX that would make the app simple to use and delight users.
• Able to fix the occurring bugs and iteratively improve the app, include newer features and keep the app up to dated with all the Android updates/ libraries that will be released.
• Have an eye for new upcoming technologies and be able to evaluate
You are a part of
The Personal Health Digital Solution Infrastructure (PHDSI) team’s mission is to build game changing digital propositions that will help in accelerating the Direct to consumer strategy of PH by leveraging the capabilities of internal Philips platforms (PIL, PINS, HSDP) .
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
6+ years of experience on Android Java-based mobile applications and systems development
• Strong command on Android Java. Exposure towards Android SDK
• Strong knowledge of the various packages on the Android App development stack layouts, intents, widgets, content providers, touch handling, drawing, location services, media interfaces, network, storage, security/cryptography, sqlite, etc.
• Knowledge of web services and serialization techniques like REST, SOAP, XML, JSON & framing
• Strong penchant for Object Oriented Design and CS fundamentals
• Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancement software like TFS, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
• Prior experience in working in Agile software methodologies
• Taking responsibility and ownership in the team's work, team player and good communication skills
B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA or equivalent qualification
In return, we offer you
A chance to serve a bigger purpose. At Philips, our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and everyday we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients drive us. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset itRead more