SQL Server DBA is required to support Production/ Stage/ Development SQL Server in 24*7 shift support model. The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, troubleshooting, Patching, Backup and restore of SQL Server. Would be responsible for reviewing databases, identify performance bottlenecks and fixing along with daily production health checks.
• 8+ years of Experience in MS SQL Server Administration... experience required in SQL 2008 R2 , 2012, 2014 and SQL Server 2016 and 2019.
• Experience with Windows 2012 R2 Server, Windows 2016 server and 2019.
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of Clustering, Always On, High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Experience with SSIS/SSRS would be an advantage.
• Experience implementing and managing encryption lifecycle.
• Installing, Configuring and Upgrading SQL Server/Applying Service Packs.
• Server and Database Security Administration
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments From development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
• When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases.
• Capacity planning, Client handling for new and upcoming migrations.
• Experience in tools such as Service Now, Redgate, Splunk, Commvault backup Tool.
• Ability to document solutions and train operational teams.
• Experience with AWS, or Azure is a plus.
• Experience with automation, PowerShell is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality.
• Ability to organize and plan work independently.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
Job Posting Date
Oct 12, 2021, 10:29:08 AMRead more