Big Data Senior Developer:
Location: New York
The candidate would be hands on Hadoop/Spark/Pyspark developer, actively participating in Agile Process, keen on learning new technologies, setting high standards for himself and other in the team. The candidate will have excellent technical writing and communication skills.
• Work with multiple business teams to fully understand business requirements and translate them into data structures.
• Build and maintain... conceptual/logical/physical data models.
• Develop technical standards, procedures, and guidelines
• Create and maintain technical documentation, architecture designs and data flow diagrams.
• Constantly improving SDLC process, actively participating in adopting best industry practices
• Interface with business professionals, application developers and technical staff working in an agile process and environment
• Document success criteria and monitor solution effectiveness, including system performance, adoption and other key metrics
• 10 years of experience developing enterprise-grade data integration solution
• Good understanding of Agile process, continuous delivery and best SDLC practices
• Strong understanding of Big Data stack including Pyspark, Spark, Hive, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Map Reduce, Impala
• Experience implementing micro-services
• Experience implementing Cloud-based services
• Good understanding of distributed systems design and implementation
• Good understanding of database technologies, preferably MPP databases( Teradata)
• Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to learn quickly, manage work independently and is a team player
• Implements and ensures technical staff adheres to overall IT system and security policies and standards.
• Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively at all levels and with onshore & offshore stakeholders in a friendly and helpful manner displaying tact, consideration and clarity.
• Proven track record of developing high-volume database application software, from initial requirements definition through deployment into production.
• Familiarity with advanced analytics/machine learningconcepts is a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar required
• Providing effective mentoring to the team.
• Experience in data stores (both transactional and non-transactional), and can code in a highly concurrent environment.
• Experience building BI systems, analytics and business intelligence platforms
• Passion for good software design and code
• Team player exhibiting professional maturity, personal integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills, can-do attitude
• Experience in the financial industryRead more