Blockchain is an emerging technology that has the promise to change the world we live in. With VMwares vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems and our background of several years of advanced research in this space, we are poised to transform the industrys definition of blockchain and what it can do. This is a unique opportunity to join an early business unit team in the Office of the CTO we are growing a team of highly skilled individuals to help us... build the business and transform the industry.
VMwares blockchain platform offers a unique solution for enterprise customers who want to leverage Blockchain technology, but who also need the robustness, performance and scalability of enterprise-grade solutions. In this role, you will work with a team of talented and focused leaders while leveraging VMwares Research Group, the open source blockchain efforts, key partners, and the broader VMware community.
Our initial blockchain product was made commercially available in late 2020, and we are looking to build out a best-in-class team as we progress toward a generally available service. We are seeking high energy, talented leaders who want to be part of a team that is defining how blockchain technology will be used to deliver enterprise class DLT solutions.
The Blockchain Specialist Engineer is the primary technical resource and will work closely with the regional Business Development Manager for VMware's Blockchain services to drive our GTM, selling and partnering efforts. This person will play the role of technical advisor to the customer and develop a deep understanding of the customer use-case with a co-innovation mindset. This role is a field extension to the product team and will work closely with our product, engineering and support teams to develop and drive our customer engagements to success.
• The Blockchain Specialist Engineer works hand-in-hand with the regional BD manager and the product team to engage deeply with our customers while maintaining a co-innovation mindset, effectively becoming a trusted technical adviser to the customer
• Works with customers to develop their understanding of blockchain technology and our blockchain offering, developing technical trust to shape customer outcomes, and inspiring confidence and credibility during the entire customer engagement from discovery and evaluation, through closing
• Ideally positioned to understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and develop a deep understanding of the use-case and technical requirements. Works closely with the product team, to formulate, test and validate product/market fit hypotheses at a product and feature level
• Engage and present the VMware Blockchain value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and engineers
• Play a critical role in developing the opportunity and moving it towards closure. Collaborate with the customer to ensure that the proposed solution has been technically validated and that there are no technical barriers that would prevent the adoption of the solution
• Understand the competition, ecosystem landscape and create competitive differentiation
• Ability to be hands-on with deployment, solution development and debugging issues
• Document customer engagement evaluation process, and summarize key activities, status, concerns to provide cross-functional visibility
• We are seeking a senior field engineer who takes initiative, and who also has the maturity to independently develop an understanding of the evolving business and product focus, and related constraints
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with listening and questions-based selling skills, who can see the big picture and develop innovative solutions to customers challenges
• Significant industry knowledge and experience but can quickly grasp the foundational concepts of new architectures and frameworks that are different from traditional ones
• Substantial experience in the information technology and/or Enterprise software industry and relevant technical experience, with preference for technical sales of innovative technologies in the early product lifecycle
• Experience dealing with complex customer environments; hands-on experience with private cloud infrastructure
• Ability to be in front of a customer up to 50% of the time
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
• Experience with complex, fault-tolerant distributed systems and Blockchain technology stack including Ethereum and Corda is a plus
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local lawRead more