To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Finance and Operations
Business Data Analyst/Sr. Analyst
Role: Business Data Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Data Strategy & Operations
Location: CA Toronto / CA Remote / US Indianapolis / US Remote (Geo C)
This role will support Data Strategy and Operations and will understand processes and policies that impact... our data quality. The Business Data Analyst will analyze the root cause of data quality issues and frame recommendations to improve and scale Salesforce’s data quality.
This role must understand the impact and value of data quality across the business. This individual must excel in data analysis and problem solving, and have the ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate his/her findings. S/he must act independently and be able to own the analysis, recommendations and impacts of assigned projects. This person must also be able to be successful in an unstructured, geographically distributed, team-oriented environment.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex data sets, have exceptional analytical skills, and excel in solving abstract problems. The candidate must be comfortable spending hours analyzing data sets in order to recognize trends and must enjoy finding patterns in data. The right candidate should be able to think of out of the box approaches to solving business problems as no two problems are the same. The individual must demonstrate an ability to be a self-starter and be prepared to roll their sleeves up to get the job done! Our team moves fast, so the ideal candidate will know how to ask the right questions to get help and remove roadblocks.
The candidate would be expected to thoroughly learn and understand our data quality offering, identify opportunity for improvements and cater for data quality needs. Candidates will be responsible for executing a vision that aligns with business stakeholders' need for managing metadata and business quality rules. In this role, you are part analyst, scrum master, and a trusting advisor to business teams.
In this role, you will:
• Define and assign user stories to sprint by effectively managing the product backlog
• Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the time-box
• In partnership with solution owner or program manager, effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize deliverables across projects based on scope of work, project goals, and overall project value
• Acts as a liaison with internal team members, as well as, across external teams to define cross-team dependencies for user stories, coordinate project deliverables and set expectations to ensure deadlines are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
• Host regular sprint ceremonies to monitor day-to-day activities of the product team, ensure work is progressing as planned, and remove impediments to delivery
• Operate, define and implement cross-functional data quality improvement initiatives that support our business team's top priorities
• Collaborate with cross-functional business partners and IT to implement and enable our initiatives
• Investigate data problems and perform deep-dive analysis to help guide recommendations. This includes having the ability to analyze third party data against internal data to determine potential success of data enhancement projects. You must be able to identify areas where data is helpful vs not, and be able to summarize trends and root cause of any issues.
• Provide best practices and support to business leaders with respect to data quality improvements and automation
• Understand business processes, the flow of data within and between processes, and recommend process improvements for better data quality and effectiveness
• Create documentation for multi-stakeholder education / alignment
• Creation of UAT test plans; participation in testing; report on and propose solutions for pass/fail test cases
• Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations and at-risk engagements or related metric; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal leaders and executives
• Ability to simplify complex problems and find solutions collaboratively
Required skills & experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Business / Mathematics or similar field
• 2+ years of business and/or data analyst experience
• 2+ years of scrum master experience or project management experience
• Experienced in setting up project timeline and work breakdown structure
• Experienced in using Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
• Good to have SQL experience
• A methodical and logical approach to data analysis
• Comfortable analyzing data sets in order to recognize trends
• Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, ability to perform well under pressure, and ability to work independently
• Ability to work across multiple teams and build relationships to understand business operational process complexities
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to tell compelling stories and explain complex issues in simple ways
• Experience working and communicating with both information technology and strategic business teams
• Ability to proactively QA your own work to ensure quality standards and requirements are met
• Flexibility working with global team across multiple geography
• Familiarity with Salesforce functionality
• Familiarity with Agile Project Management and Scrum Framework
• Certifications - PMP or CSM probably give you a helpful baseline but are certainly not required
• Experience creating impactful presentation using data insights
• Adaptability and Flexibility - managing multiple work stream as we scale and evolve our team
• Proficient in Slack, Google Docs, LucidChart, Smartsheets, GUS (Grand Unified System) or similar systems like Jira, virtual meeting software
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes allRead more