As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will serve as a high technical expert in design, development, coding, testing and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing star schemas and data warehouse structures as well as testing data analytics and reporting solutions to our client.
• Working with other technical staff to understand problems with software, and developing... specifications to resolve them
• Assisting as a technical mentor in training for less-experienced development staff
• Testing developer tool upgrades
• Supporting contingency testing for applications
• Performing contingency testing and environment setup
Must Have Skills
• Azure Synapsis Analytics Tools (Data Factory, Data Bricks, Data Warehouse)
• Data Staging
This candidate must be local to Columbus.
The client is unable to sponsor or transfer sponsorship and cannot work C2C at this time.
In addition to your technical expertise, you will need excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills to succeed in this role. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
Data Warehouse Engineer requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (OR equivalent work experience)
• 4 - 7 years of experience developing and supporting moderate to complex data warehouses or data marts
• 3+ years of experience working with ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) technologies
• Experience working with Business Intelligence technologies
• Data warehouse or data mart analysis and design experience, preferred
• Practical experience and knowledge in the following technologies and tools: Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Tools (Informatica and MS SQL Server 2008 - SSIS, SSAS, etc.)
• SQL Development (MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008Read more