Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager - Technical (PM-T) to own multiple initiatives to improve AWS customer acquisition across the AWS signup funnel experience.
As a Senior PM-T for AWS Marketing, you will be responsible for driving the roadmap and strategy around products and services that support new customer signup experiences for AWS. You will play a leading role in providing our customers the best signup and sign-in experience by... proposing and developing solutions that reduce friction and remove barriers for customers while creating an AWS account. In this role, you will provide product leadership, and act as the voice of the customer while measuring the business impact of the products you're building. You will work closely with stakeholders across various marketing, design, engineering and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve your goals by creating a roadmap for your products that help define the long-term strategy of the AWS website. You will work on initiatives that span across organizations and geographies that will require you to ensure both business and technical needs are aligned.
A successful candidate will be well versed in what it takes to create products that help improve the account creation process for millions of customers each year. This role requires having a proven track record in delivering marketing/website related products or services, plus excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
This position can sit in Seattle, SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, Pittsburgh, Boston, Arlington VA or Washington DC. Relocation assistance within the US only to one of these cities.
• Be a guardian of the customer experience for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity.
• Create and maintain a product roadmap, working with stakeholders, program managers, and engineers to bring your ideas to fruition.
• Act as the voice of the customer, while balancing inputs from the business and engineering teams to prioritize and scope new features and products. Understand your customers and know the right questions and whom to ask.
• Run in front of the software development team, helping create user stories, researching potential paths forward, and providing guidance to the teams regarding customer and business priorities.
• Manage and deliver web marketing products from inception to maintenance in an Agile software development environment.
• Have a firm grasp of how to do customer research and analyze UX study results to help translate customer pain points into features, and help influence design and architectural decisions to meet those customer needs.
• Review metrics and proactively make data-driven decisions for better customer experience.
• Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship products without compromising customer experience or business relevance.
• Engage with many teams across the company, evangelizing your products, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• 5+ years of technical product management for marketing products, or marketing websites.
• 5+ years of translating customer insights into products/services from design to execution.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent degree) OR 4+ years' relevant professional experience.
• 7+ years of technical product management experience for marketing websites.
• Previous experience with building products to help manage content, ensuring high-quality content before it's published.
• Working knowledge of how to create engaging marketing content, including how to test, measure, and iterate on your ideas.
Experience with the entire Agile software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenanceRead more