The Sr. QA/Test Engineer is a key member of the team, responsible for ensuring software quality through comprehensive testing of data recording software solutions for high performance compute platforms and sensors, including LiDARs, radars, and cameras. You will work cross-functionally with multiple teams to quickly deliver high quality, production level code that is core to data recording in Software Defined Vehicle(SDV). Join our agile team and let's create the future... together!
• Lead the development and execution of the team SW test strategy and plan
• Develop requirements for the SIL, HIL, DevOps, and vehicle test environments, and manage timing to align with production milestones
• Coordinate SW test execution across global test locations
• Champion team adoption of standardized test methodologies
• Collaborate with the Software Developers to develop comprehensive test plans aligned to software specifications
• Develop and execute test plans using SIL, HIL, and in-vehicle techniques
• Develop automated tests for SIL and HIL environments
• Lead software and requirement reviews to enable testable software products
• Generate test reports and present results to software and requirements teams
• Document standards and best practices for consumption by product development teams
• Lead manual testing responsibilities, such as regression and feature testing, when tests cannot be automated
Required Skills and Experience
• 7+ years experience developing and executing sw test strategies and plans in multiple test environments (e.g. Unit, SIL, HIL, CI/CD, vehicle)
• Experience with test automation and continuous integration tools
• Experience testing communication protocols
• Experience in development on Windows and Linux platforms
• Experience with scripting tools in Python
• Ability to read and review complex algorithms in C, C++, Simulink
• Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
• Experience providing guidance, leadership, and mentoring to team members
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be legally allowed to work in Canada and be able to travel to the US
• Must have a valid Canadian driver's license
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with Ethernet and CAN
• Experience testing in vehicles and simulated environments
• Experience with automotive test tools (e.g. INCA, CANoe, VehicleSpy, ControlDesk, Applied Intuition)
• Experience with Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
• Experience with functional safety and ISO 26262
• Experience with unified diagnostic services and ISO14229
• Knowledge of safety critical control systems
• Knowledge of active safety components, such as radars, lidars, ultrasonic sensors, etc.
• General knowledge of automotive systems (Powertrain, Chassis, Adaptive AUTOSAR, CAN/LIN communication)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employerShow full descriptionCollapse