Decipher Biosciences, a subsidiary of Veracyte, Inc., is a dynamic entrepreneurial startup molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether on the phone with patients, or in the cloud with big data, our innovators are working hard to give back to the patient what cancer takes away: information for life.
Sr. Salesforce Developer will work directly with stakeholders from all departments of the company and other members of the Technology team to develop, configure and... deploy Salesforce applications that those stakeholders will depend on for day-to-day business activities. This role will rely heavily on effective communication, creative solutions, thorough documentation and timely delivery. Salesforce development duties are the primary focus, but strong skills in development and configuration of other systems are a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan, manage, and co-ordinate Salesforce development activities
• Work with Product Owner, Project Management and others to gather and document functional and non-functional requirements for Salesforce and other SaaS development projects by working closely with the stakeholders and users
• Assist or lead in Salesforce development projects involving integrations with other systems
• Serve as a technical lead on interdepartmental projects, specifically pertaining to SalesForce integration
• Work with department project manager to prioritize user requirements by business value based on input from stakeholders
• Provide reliable development estimates for software requirements and guide junior members of the team in the estimates of their development timelines
• Help to ensure that software validation testing covers the application and the use cases outlined
• Keep requirements and priorities up-to-date with changing business needs
• Review and analyze existing business workflows, and evaluate how they can be best represented in the software system
• Identify and implement improvements to the software development process in use at Decipher Bioscience
• Identify and recommend to the team tools and additional software integrations which improve company processes
• Remain up-to-date on the newest SalesForce releases and manage impact to business from subsequent software upgrades
• Organize, create and run user acceptance testing
• Organize, create and run software training
• Drive the resolution of product support issues as requested
• Be compliant with company policies, procedures and safety regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• * Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, Master’s degree preferred
• Salesforce Developer and Administrator certifications a plus
• 3+ years in successful software development roles including Salesforce development
• Strength in working with SFDC Object design and SOQL/SAQL
• Experience in high complexity clinical laboratory testing of molecular diagnostics a plus
• Experience with the different phases of waterfall and agile software development life cycles
• Strong skills across diverse computing platforms
• Strong knowledge of, and experience with, Salesforce.
• Knowledge and experience with other business software applications such as Google Cloud Platform, Box, MediaLab, Confluence, Jira, BitBucket a plus.
• Express ideas very clearly in written, visual, or oral form with business and technical people
• Have an outstanding track record of customer service
• Work effectively within a distributed project team and in collaboration with peers.
• Instigate and facilitate group sessions when necessary
• Experience with Salesforce Lightning (design and components)
• Experience with Salesforce Analytics Cloud (Einstein)
• Knowledge in integrating applications with Salesforce via REST/SOAP
• * Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs
• Repetitive movement of fingers (typing and/or writing)
• Sitting, with occasional walking, standing, stooping and moving about
• Exposure to general office environment conditions
• Talking and hearing
• Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteranRead more