The Brand that Gets You to What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at... www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Work with the products team to translate functional specifications into technical requirements and associated code development.
• Participate in scrum meetings and provide development status.
• Enhance out-of-box eCommerce Framework components to suit eCommerce needs.
• Provide estimates for technical requirements.
• Perform Code reviews.
• Resolve Production issues in a timely manner to minimize impact.
• Perform requirements analysis and create gap analysis.
• Interact with cross functional teams to deliver functional requirements.
• Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems.
• Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out-of-box failures.
• Implement best programming practices in software engineering.
• Develop code updates to fix reported defects.
• Support the trouble-shooting of customer issues with high-level data analysis and project review.
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
• Develop defect free software to accomplish engineering and organization mission.
• Develop tools to improve the efficiency from eCommerce operation team.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Express eCommerce checkout functionalities.
• Re-architect the Product Information System for Express eCommerce business.
• Work in an agile development environment, including test-driven development.
• Performance-tune and troubleshoot medium- to large-scale web applications.
• Code within existing CMS/eCommerce framework software.
• Identify new technologies to solve new or existing problems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Applications, or a related field plus 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the field.
• 5 years of experience working with application development teams
• 5 years of experience developing software design patterns and performing functional programming and object oriented programming.
• 5 years of experience performance tuning and troubleshooting medium- to large-scale web applications.
• 5 years of experience working with Java programming language.
• 5 years of experience with Spring framework.
• 5 years of experience with Maven and/or Ant.
• 5 years of experience with Rest API development.
• 5 years of experience with SOAP Web Services.
• 5 years of experience with relational database concepts like SQL, indexes and constraints, transactions, and object-relational mapping.
• 3 years of experience working in an agile development environment, including test-driven development.
• 3 years of experience coding with a CMS/eCommerce framework software.
• 3 years of experience with Micro Services.
• 3 years of experience with JMS and Pub-Sub Patterns.
• 3 years of experience with HTML, CSS,
• Experience working with cloud technologies like AWS.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get startedRead more