Why you’ll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success... through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you'll have:
In light of these unprecedented times, Softchoice is committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same! For those joining Orange Nation, we will be onboarding all new employees remotely. Rest assured, though, that offering a human and inspiring onboarding experience is our top priority.
As our Sr. Solutions Architect, Google Cloud you will challenge customers to build agile infrastructure solutions through the adoption of emerging Google Cloud technologies as part of their overall business transformation and success goals. The Sr. Journey Architect, Google Cloud is tasked with facilitation of the sales motions required to discuss advanced services values, design and present on customers cloud journeys. The role will require excellent customer service experience and an ability to understand a client’s business challenges around cloud use, consumption, and managed services. Using this experience and knowledge will enable the role to position value added solutions that help the client understand the transition of contract and the added deliverables they will receive.
What you'll do:
• The architecture and design of holistic cloud solutions with focus on cloud migration and data center modernization backed by data-driven insights.
• Create strategic cloud roadmaps or initiatives that really move the needle with our customers.
• Contribute to the development of go-to-market strategies for emerging cloud solutions by bringing field knowledge and experience forward and working closely with our innovation and business development teams.
• Bridge the gap between business outcomes and IT initiatives.
• Create alignment between the customers of IT and cloud solutions.
• Have a mutual cloud vision that our customers want to embrace and execute upon.
• Specify the deliverables of consulting and implementation projects by writing the statements of work (SOW) for Softchoice services.
• Collaborate with the service delivery teams to ensure the services are delivered as specified in your statements of work and as required to meet customer business outcome objectives.
• Take leadership on enabling our sales, pre-sales and post-sales teams on the value of Softchoice solutions for Hybrid IT.
• Providing feedback from clients, known as Voice of Customer (VOC) to solution development team members who manage and innovate managed cloud services offerings.
• Participating in Innovation activities where the role’s involvement brings experience and direct customer awareness of solution needs and customer experience considerations.
What you'll bring to the table:
• Demonstrable experience with implementing and/or selling GCP solutions
• Google pro certification(s)
• Understand DevOps and application modernization concepts and how to apply these concepts to a customer’s cloud journey.
• 15+ years of relevant experience in Application Development, IT administration and or IT management, consulting, professional services and/or software engineering… previous practice leader experience will be rewarded
• Demonstrable experience defining IT policies and operational guidelines for GCP or other cloud solutions
• Understanding of Information classification and the ability to facilitate that discussion with clients
• Work well in a team environment and can lead teams of peers to accomplish complex objectives.
• Communicate effectively and accurately while aligning the goals and objectives of multiple stakeholders in the organization
• Public Speaking and presentation skills leveraging multiple mediums like video calls, whiteboarding, and PowerPoint
• Passionate and creative problem solver
• Works well as an individual contributor with a focus on execution of tasks leveraging an agile approach
• Embraces the challenge of being a change agent
Why people love working here:
• Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 16 consecutive years.
• Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
• We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
• Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
• We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
• We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all candidates and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education and check your references.
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
Job Requisition ID: 3134
Mid-Senior LevelShow full descriptionCollapse