• Client, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, enterprise risk, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 8,000 people in 50 offices.
• Our professional services are diverse — from forensic accounting, control assurance, security services, risk management, strategy consulting and enterprise applications, including Oracle, SAP, Cognos, technology services to indirect tax, accounting, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and personal tax and financial planning.
• But they all have one thing in common: helping our clients excel.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
• Provides functional / technical leadership to own team and to other teams
• Leads end to end delivery of highly complex / multiple domains
• Makes technical decisions
• Manages complex intergroup issues and resolutions
• Articulates and communicates the overall solution
• Technical consultant/ mentor within own group and to other technical... groups
• Approves technical and functional documentation
• Understands impact of integrating third party solutions to overall systems architecture and provides advice on how to mitigate issues arising from such integrations
• Directs process for determining Deliverables, resources, and schedules
• Ensures that technical components adhere to technical standards and guidelines
• Oversees the technical design, development and implementation of multiple, complex, corporate-wide systems.
• Manages multiple development projects, development groups and or application support functions for a major business segment.
• Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures “”best practice”” development techniques.
• Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution and their ability to function effectively with their team.
• Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having direct impact on the business.
• Works closely with third party technology vendors to trouble shoot complex technical issues.
• Contributes to the development of client strategies at the project level.
• Contributes to the development of firm and industry standards and supports adoption of best practices
• Leads initiatives to recognize risks associated with application development and of potential impacts within IT, the business, and / or the firm’s reputation.
• Manages risk, planning, and mitigation across supported applications and impacted areas.
Experience and Education Preferred:
• Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
• Graduate degree, preferred.
• 8+ years equivalent experience.
• Experience working on multiple large or complex projects
• Client is a pharmaceutical company moving from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud ERP.
• Looking for a Tax Lead to help with configuring taxes in Oracle Cloud ERP, supporting SIT and UAT testing, cutover, go-live and hypercare support.
• Candidate must have strong experience in design, configuration/build, testing in Finance Cloud including Tax for Canada, US, EMEA.