As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• As a Middleware Testing Practitioner, you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing... solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.
• You are responsible for applying automated tools to support the testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• You need to support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for –
• Writing scripts for testing the performance and load of the applications
• Testing a feature by reviewing the code changes, executing test scenarios and match with the requirements
• Driving test analysis through test suite code coverage and data analysis
• Identifying infrastructure related issues and propose solutions for the same
• Writing automated tests for both API and UI automation in isolation with dependent systems
• Diagnosing complex production issues, which cannot be reproduced by the Functional QA Engineers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4 years of SDET and testing experience
• Knowledge of Internet/Web Technologies is must
• Experience in –
• Working on Tools like SOAP UI, CA Lisa, Parasoft, or similar tools.
• Using RestAssured or other API Test automation Frameworks
• Knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB) – good to have
• Proven understanding of OOPS concepts
• Experience in -
• Data model understanding
• Database queries and knowledge on NOSQL platforms
• Test automation and strategy design over distributed systems
• Solving/debugging issues from Production systems by coordinating with remote teams across different vertical (QA, Dev, PM and Operations)
• Understanding of automation tests with stub and mocked data from integrated systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise