Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Provide administrative support and some underwriting functions to the Underwriting team
Primary... Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for workload distribution for the Underwriting team
• Provides administrative support and other related services to the Underwriting team as needed
• Occasionally communicates with brokers and internal departments as necessary, responding to non-underwriting related inquiries and questions, such as VIN validations
• Assist and supports Underwriters in completing follow up tasks in system (TCPS)
• Supports Underwriters in ordering Inspection reports and following up, and documenting outcome of the report prior to sending off to Underwriter
• Conducts a weekly sweep of the TMT for any outstanding items that may not meet SLA prior to the BCO weekly report coming out
• Prepare agenda for the huddles and take minutes during the meeting.
• Support Underwriters in following up for updates, photos, alarm certificate from brokers
• Review and action Total Loss Follow Ups
• Review IP98 errors from Policy Service team
• Review and handle Aged pending List referrals in TMT
• Triage emails in the UW mailboxes and distribute only Underwriting related concerns to the respective Underwriters mailboxes.
• Assist and support Underwriters with Claims review
• Support Underwriters with COC follow ups, LOE’s, registered letters and Risk sharing pool (Western)
• High School Diploma
• 1 year of office related or customer service experience
• Intermediate to Advance software skills (Windows, MS Office)
• Underwriting experience and or CIP courses an asset
Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
Analytical Thinking: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision-making.
Change Management / Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
Customer Focus: Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
Judgment / Decision Making: Exercises sound judgment, makes decisions and commits to a position.
Leveraging Differences: Works with and includes people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
Teamwork: Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needsRead more