IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Data Warehouse Lead is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing Data Warehouse (DW) staff and technical effort. This role is responsible for the management of resources assigned to the project, works with client management and project management, escalates decisions and issues as needed. The Data Warehouse Lead coordinates project related issues with other efforts, reviews and resolves project issues not resolved at lower levels. Adhere to DW delivery best practices - policy, procedures, standards, staffing models, etc. for delivery of DW... solutions and services
• Provides leadership and direction for data warehouse technical staff.
• Primary point of contact for work management, assignments and status updates for the technical team.
• Plans, directs and oversees technical activity; ensures milestones, deliverables and functionality are achieved on time.
• Assigns, directs and manages DW resource teams.
• Implements and continually improves processes for delivering data warehouse solutions.
• Reviews and resolves project issues, escalates issues as necessary.
• Determines resource allocations required to meet project demands, adjusts resource plans and resource assignments as needed to adapt to project changes, ensures staffing levels align with project schedule and budget.
• Collaborates and communicates with other managers to ensure project success.
• Conducts meetings and presentations.
• Participates in risk identification, evaluation, strategy, action plans, and mitigation activities. Approves risk mitigation strategy and action.
• Effectively communicates with and develops/maintains excellent working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to ensure project status and strategic direction is shared and project-related interests are met.
• Produces documentation of standards and processes governing DW delivery best practices.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for this position $115,000 to $178,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven success as a manager responsible for Delivery and Operation of DW, reporting and/or analytic solutions for large implementation projects
• In-depth understanding of DW, reporting and analytic solution development best practices and application development best practices (SDLC methodology)
• Familiar with both Agile and waterfall development methodologies.
• 5 years’ experience planning and directing software development activities and managing implementation teams
• Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with technical teams, project management, client management and customer stakeholders
• Bachelors' degree AND 5 years’ experience as managing application development/operation teams for DW, reporting and or analytic projects
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Health and Human Services project experience
• Experience with work management tools such as CA Agile, JIRA, etc…Read more